Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A letter to the Moi

* Written in Dublin, on Canal road on May 16th. This is a letter to myself. All characters implied are very real and are, therefore, not named. It can be yawn inducing, avoid reading!


Well this will probably add to the collection of posts that will not see the light of day for sometime. Its hard to imagine my world without the comfort of my own speech and the ability to express myself, which I do rather rarely.

Its even harder to imagine my world being a person I am not comfortable with, not giving every moment the best shot I could, out of fear of loss and disappointment. That was never a sustainable option, it could be a short term therapy. In fact, it is a great short term therapy! The keyword is 'short term.'

Its hardest to be the person I am at times, give every moment it's worth, and move on without expecting anything out of it... the amount of emotional turmoil that effort involves is borderline inhuman and can drain one of everything they loved in the first place. It does ultimately end up in a wondrous climax of a rare blissful moment, where you know you have achieved something after much toil. A sense of personal pride, content and a precious moment of romantique glory.

Its wonderful to dream, and to know, and then dream some more. Sooner you hope to reach a place where knowledge and dreams merge into a rather heady cocktail. Talk about the best bartender in the world!

The reason I have written this rather long discourse to myself is because I tend to overlook the quaint magic of these moments in the face of fear and disappointments. Its stupid to let it go, or even think of letting it go. Life would be far more ordinary without it, and of course then it would short term therapy time again, which is such a sheer waste of time.

* This is the first thing you should read when you are pissed off. This. Not Murphy's law.
** Do not listen to Radiohead or Floyd right now. Do not listen to U2 either.
*** Think about Tuna
**** If none of this has worked, have 5 shots of Whiskey and sleep, and wake up with a terrible hangover. The stupidity of the morning moment will overwhelm all other possible stupid courses you might have taken!

2 comments :

Mannequin said...

*amused :)

Anonymous said...

loved it! :)